Past Event: Moonlight & Movies | Love & Basketball On Site Screening
Please note that this event is now sold out. If you would like to join the wait list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a phone number, email address, and what size pod you would like. We do not guarantee that any additional tickets will become available.
Join us for our final Moonlight & Movies screening IN PERSON! We'll be showing Gina Prince-Bythewood's now-classic Love & Basketball (2000) on the Museum's beautiful South Terrace. The film follows the intertwined lives of high-school sweethearts Monica (Sanaa Lathan) and Quincy (Omar Epps), two talented players who have been competing since their elementary school days in Los Angeles' Baldwin Hills neighborhood -- as they navigate college and pro careers, and experience the power of the sport of their lives, both on and off the court.
Be sure to check out our free virtual Q & A taking place one week before on Wednesday, September 9 at 7:00 pm ET with the film's director and writer Gina Prince-Bythewood; former NCAA and WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw; Harlem native, player and coach/mentor Priscilla Edwards; and author and sports journalist William Rhoden (moderator). Register here!
7:00 pm - Doors open
7:30 pm - Film begins on the Museum's South Terrace
9:34 pm - Film concludes
- Please check our "Plan Your Visit" page for important information to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all attendees!
- We ask that you please maintain 6 feet between you and those who are not attending the screening with you. Masks are required to attend.
Tickets are sold in groups or "pods" of up to 3 people. If you are attending with a group larger than 3, you must purchase additional pods separately. You will be seated with the group that you purchase tickets for. Please note that we cannot accommodate group seating for tickets purchased separately.
- Please contact email@example.com with any questions or ticketing issues.
- In the case of inclement weather, this event will be cancelled and tickets will be refunded in full.
- Please note that the Museum's exhibitions will NOT be open. We invite you to come back another time during our new regular hours, Thursday - Monday, 10am- 6pm. You can purchase advance timed tickets here.
View a trailer of the film here: