All visitors to the Museum (over the age of 2) are asked to wear a mask or face covering. The Museum has currently paused the requirement for proof of vaccination for general admission. Please check the event pages for additional requirements for specific programs and events. Any updates to our COVID policies will be posted here
Download the Bloomberg Connects App for the latest Museum Map.
Museum of the City of New York is located in East Harlem at the top of Museum Mile at 1220 Fifth Avenue @ 103rd Street and easily accessible from public transportation.
Where We Are
to 104th St.
Lexington Ave. train to 103rd St., walk 3 blocks West
Train to Central Park North / 110th St. Walk one block East to Fifth Ave., then South to 104th St.
Citi Bike to Fifth Ave @ 103rd St.
Free WiFi access is available throughout the building as well as on the Front Terrace.
Feel free to text, post, and share what you see during your visit. As a courtesy to other visitors, please set your phone to vibrate and take all voice calls outside of the galleries.
Still photography for personal, noncommercial use is permitted unless otherwise noted. Tripods, selfie sticks, and flash photography are not permitted.
Pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are permitted. However, pens, paints, and easels are not permitted.
Coat check is currently closed in order to help us reduce the spread of COVID-19. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Single strollers are permitted in the galleries, at the discretion of gallery guards. The Museum will not hold or store luggage. All bags are subject to inspection.
Can I donate objects to the Museum’s collection?
We cannot accept materials without prior approval. Please send a description of your proposed donation, as well as photographs or scans, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Museum strives to accommodate visitors of all abilities.
- Ramp access is available on East 104th Street between Fifth and Madison Avenues.
- The wheelchair lift in Ronay Menschel Hall can accommodate manual and motorized wheelchairs (max. capacity 500 lbs.).
- Wheelchairs are available for visitor use free of charge (subject to availability).
- All exhibition videos are open captioned.
- Assistive listening devices are available for Timescapes and programs in Ronay Menschel Hall.
- Sign language interpretation and specialized descriptive tours are available upon advance request.
- Noise reduction headphones are available for visitor use free of charge (subject to availability).
Service dogs are welcome at the Museum. Pets and emotional support animals are not allowed in the Museum.
The Museum is committed to facilitating the accessibility of our website www.mcny.org, which is currently maintained in alignment with the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA guidelines. Our efforts to create an optimally accessible digital experience are ongoing. If users encounter problems accessing our online content or have suggestions or questions, please contact us at email@example.com with 'Website Accessibility' in the subject line.