Where We Are
Museum of the City of New York
1220 Fifth Avenue @ 103rd St.
Ramp access @ 104th St.
New York, NY 10029
to 104th St.
Lexington Ave. train to 103rd St., walk 3 blocks West
Train to Central Park North / 110th St. Walk one block East to Fifth Ave., then South to 104th St.
Citi Bike to Fifth Ave @ 103rd St.
Free WiFi access is available throughout the building as well as on the Front Terrace.
Feel free to text, post, and share what you see during your visit. As a courtesy to other visitors, please set your phone to vibrate and take all voice calls outside of the galleries.
Still photography for personal, noncommercial use is permitted unless otherwise noted. Tripods, selfie sticks, and flash photography are not permitted.
Pencils, sketchbooks, and notebooks are permitted. However, pens, paints, and easels are not permitted.
The Museum offers free coat check during regular Museum hours on the First Floor. Checked items must be retrieved before the Museum closes. Suitcases and luggage are not accepted at coat check.
Single strollers are permitted in the galleries, at the discretion of gallery guards. The Museum will not hold or store luggage. All bags are subject to inspection.
The Museum strives to accommodate visitors of all abilities.
- Ramp access is available on East 104th Street between Fifth and Madison Avenues.
- The wheelchair lift in Ronay Menschel Hall can accommodate manual and motorized wheelchairs (max. capacity 500 lbs.).
- Wheelchairs are available for visitor use free of charge (subject to availability).
- All exhibition videos are open captioned.
- Assistive listening devices are available for Timescapes and programs in Ronay Menschel Hall.
- Sign language interpretation and specialized descriptive tours are available upon advance request.
- Noise reduction headphones are available for visitor use free of charge (subject to availability).