Private tours create a highly personalized, in-depth, and interactive visit to the Museum’s exhibitions. Available as gifts to friends, family members, and guests or as custom experiences for university groups, companies, clubs, or organizations.
- A personalized hour-long visit to the exhibition(s) of your choice.
- One-on-one time with a Museum scholar—master’s or Ph.D. candidates, post-doctoral researchers, and/or early-career academics.
- Behind-the-scenes facts, stories, and anecdotes.
- General admission to Museum for the day.
- 15% discount at the Museum Shop.
- The satisfaction of supporting the Museum.
Special Request Options:
- Tours offered in Spanish and French.
- Pre-ordered box lunches from the Museum’s award-winning café provider, Amy’s Bread.
- Reserve seating for groups of 15+ people pre-ordering lunches starts at $150.
For anyone curious about all things New York...the Museum of the City of New York has answers”
Wall Street Journal
Private Tour Rates
- Standard rate: $340 flat fee for up to 20 adults and $17 per person thereafter with a maximum group size of 25 people. For groups with more than 25 people, simultaneous tours can be scheduled in more than one gallery.
- Discounted rate for not-for-profit organizations: $300 flat fee for up to 20 adults and $15 per person thereafter with a maximum group size of 25 people. For groups with more than 25 people, simultaneous tours can be scheduled in more than one gallery.
Special Request Options
- After-hour and before-hour tours start at $1,000.
- Curator-led tours start at $800.
- Custom experiences available by request, pricing subject to parameters.
- Receptions in conjunction with tours, pricing available upon request.
Please complete the above form to initiate your reservation request, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917.492.3403 to let us know how we can help schedule a personalized private tour experience.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Museum.