Past Event: Night of Noir: A Halloween Party
This event has passed.
In advance: $25 General Admission | $20 for Museum Members
At the door: $35 General Admission | $30 Museum Members
Lurid yet glamorous 1940s Hollywood film noir springs to life this Halloween in a party inspired by the black and white world of our current exhibition, Through a Different Lens: Stanley Kubrick Photographs, featuring:
- A whirlwind mashup from DJ Operator Emz of Mobile Mondays! that samples iconic film noir scores, Halloween classics, and your favorite dance floor anthems
- A special dance performance by Princess Lockerooo & Co. that pays homage to film noir and 1940s style
- A costume contest at 9:00 pm -- come in your most epic film noir or Halloween costume, prizes will be awarded to the best dressed
- Try your hand at NYC film trivia for a chance to win prizes
- Through a Different Lens: Stanley Kubrick Photographs will be open for an exclusive after hours viewing
- Signature themed cocktails will be available for purchase
- From 7:00 to 9:00 pm, snacks will be available for purchase from Amy’s Bread
This program is produced with Rebecca Lynn.
Through a Different Lens: Stanley Kubrick Photographs is made possible in part by Ann G. Tenenbaum and Thomas H. Lee, Nancy and Mitchell Steir, The Hilaria and Alec Baldwin Foundation, The Andrew and Marina Lewin Foundation, The Robert Mapplethorpe Foundation, Daryl Brown Uber/William E. Weiss Foundation, and George A. Kellner.
This exhibition is organized by the Museum of the City of New York in collaboration with SK Film Archives LLC.
Our Promotional Partners:
Film Forum, the Maysles Documentary Center, and the Museum of the Moving Image.