POSTPONED: Keys to the City: Uptown River to River
Please note that this event has been postponed. Please check back regularly for updates. If you have already purchased a ticket, we will reach out to you directly.
50 Clues, 1 Grand Prize. How Well Do You Know New York?
It takes grit and determination to make it in New York. Do you and your friends have what it takes to hold the Keys to the City? Unlock secret places, historic haunts, and new views as you and your team solve clues in our daylong uptown scavenger hunt through neighborhoods including West Harlem, Morningside Heights, Harlem, Manhattanville, Hamilton Heights, Sugar Hill, and East Harlem, which we are proud to call home. From river to river, you’ll encounter just a piece of the past, present, and future of upper Manhattan as you document your journey – while helping us raise vital funds to support the Museum’s Frederick A.O. Schwarz Education Center. Afterwards, join us for a toast at our after party where prizes will be awarded.
Registration opens Monday, March 9.
Make A Difference:
Once you create a team, use your platform to raise funds in support of the Museum’s education center! Share your fundraising page with friends and family, and win prizes for reaching your goal.
Scavenger hunt registration fees and team fundraising efforts will directly support the Museum’s Frederick A.O. Schwarz Education Center, which serves more than 50,000 children and educators each year, including more than 1,100 school groups. All donations from fundraising are fully tax-deductible.
Learn more about the Museum
How It Works:
- Teams of at most 10 and at least 2 players start from a location of their choosing to decipher clues to identify sites in West Harlem, Morningside Heights, Harlem, Manhattanville, Hamilton Heights, Sugar Hill, and East Harlem. Any individual registrants without a team will be assigned to one
- Children 10 and up are permitted to participate but please note that there are some adult themes in the clues and that they must register at the $50 General Admission rate
- Clues are worth different point values depending on difficulty and distance. Teams do not have to visit every site; rather, the objective is to earn as many points as possible in the allotted time
- Teams must photograph all of their members at the clue sites and post their pictures to a team-designated Instagram account to earn points
- Afterwards, participants will meet at the Museum for an after party where winners will be announced and prizes awarded
- Teams must pick up the clue book the morning of the hunt – At least one person from each team needs to stop by The Museum of the City of New York for the booklet that will contain the clues. The rest of the team can start at any location of their choosing
- Please have your Instagram handle ready in advance – View instructions on how to create an Instagram account here
- In case of rain – The scavenger hunt will be rescheduled to Saturday, May 16 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please note that no refunds will be offered if the event is moved to the rain date
Prizes to include:
- (2) VIP tickets to a taping of The Daily Show with Trevor Noah
- (4) tickets to the Off-Broadway hit, STOMP
- (2) tickets to a New York Red Bulls game
- An autographed poster featuring New York Jets quarterback, Sam Darnold
- Gift Certificate for a dozen cookies from Levain Bakery
More prizes to be announced!
Scavenger Hunt Timeline:
The Museum is located at 1220 Fifth Avenue
- Beginning at 9:30 am – Pick up your clue book at the Museum
- 10:00 am – Hunt begins
- 2:00 pm – Hunt concludes
- 3:00 pm – After-party begins at the Museum
- 3:30 pm (approx.) – Winners announced
- 5:00 pm – After-party concludes
- 6:00 pm – Museum closes
$53 per person
Includes Museum admission
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event has a strict no refunds policy. All donations from fundraising are fully tax-deductible.