Uptown Bounce: July 24
Free! Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo del Barrio for our free summer block party series celebrating East Harlem at the top of Museum Mile.
Summer of '69
At the Museum of the City of New York (1220 Fifth Ave at 104th Street)
From Woodstock to the first man on the moon, the Stonewall Riots to the launch of El Museo del Barrio, revisit the monumental summer of 1969.
- DJ Joey Carvello of Mobile Mondays! and DJ Woof spin disco, soul, salsa, and funk
- Live performance by Adam Riaz and Carlos Colon on bongos, timbales, clave, and more
- Free Art Activity: Mark your spot in the universe by decorating your own moon landing flag
- Free Admission: Check out our select exhibitions after hours with guided tours
- Learn about WE ACT, environmental racism, and health issues affecting our community
- Summer drinks and snacks will be available for purchase from Amy’s Bread
Summer of '69
At El Museo del Barrio (1230 Fifth Ave at 104th Street)
Check out the line up here!
About Uptown Bounce:
Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo Del Barrio for our annual Uptown Bounce series of free summer block parties. On four consecutive Wednesday evenings, dance to New York DJs, enjoy gallery talks, tours, art workshops, and savor summer drinks and local food. To view all of the events in the series, click here.
This event is free and open to the public.
Includes Museum admission.