SOLD OUT: Moonlight & Movies | The Muppets Take Manhattan
Please note that this event is now sold out. If you would like to join the waitlist, please email email@example.com with your name, number of tickets you would like, and phone number.
Due to the threat of pop-up storms, the screening will now take place indoors in Ronay Menschel Hall (Ground Floor).
- As a reminder, proof of vaccination or negative COVID PCR test (within 72 hours) will be required upon entry.
- Due to our move indoors, there will no longer be food and beverages available for purchase.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
With a special introduction from Cheryl Henson and Brian T. Carson (and Silly Willy the Rabbit), join us for an outdoor screening of The Muppets Take Manhattan (Frank Oz, 1984, 94 min.), a zany journey featuring the classic Muppet crew - from Kermit and Miss Piggy to Fozzie Bear and Gonzo - as they try to make it in NYC.
This event is a part of the opening for our upcoming exhibition, Puppets of New York (opens August 13).
7:30pm: Doors open to screening on South Terrace (bar open)
7:50pm: Introduction by Cheryl Henson and Brian T. Carson
8:00 pm – 9:30 pm: Screening of The Muppets Take Manhattan
Please note that in case of rain the screening will be moved indoors to Ronay Menschel Hall.
About the Speakers:
Brian T. Carson is a puppet performer, designer, builder and wrangler for theater and screen. He has worked for many prominent NYC puppetry companies/productions, often putting to use both his performance/building experience and love of full-bodied puppets/characters. Brian (with help from Silly Willy) is Puppeteer in Residence at the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, which features The Jim Henson Exhibition. On August 22nd, he will participate in his ninth “SleepOut: Stage and Screen” benefiting the kids of Covenant House. IG: @btcarson @sillywillyclub
Cheryl Henson is the President of The Jim Henson Foundation and an ardent advocate of contemporary puppetry. She executive produced the award-winning biennial Henson International Festival of Puppet Theater and served as a Vice President of The Jim Henson Company from 1992 until 2000. Cheryl is on the board of the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, the founder of Darkcrystal.com, and has led two successful book projects. After graduating from Yale in 1984 with a degree in History, she worked on films and television specials as a puppet and mask maker. In 1987, she earned a degree in textile design from the Fashion Institute of Technology and returned to Jim Henson’s Creature Shop™ in London. Later, she worked as an Art Director for Song of the Cloud Forest, a segment of The Jim Henson Hour.
Event Logistics (Subject to change based on NYC regulations)
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID PCR test (within 72 hours) is required for entry into the Museum for everyone over the age of 12, so please plan ahead! Excelsior Pass is accepted for those who were vaccinated in NYS.
- Masks will be required both indoors and outdoors regardless of vaccination status.
- For more information about the Museum’s COVID Guidelines, please check our "Plan Your Visit" page.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or ticketing issues.
Watch the Trailer: