P Credit Course: Native New York: American Indians and Dutch New Amsterdam
This two-day course will meet at the following times and locations:
- Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 4:30-6:30pm @ Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian - New York, 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004
- Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 9am-4:30pm @ Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian - New York, 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004
- Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 9am-4:30pm @ Museum of the City of New York - 1220 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street, New York, NY 10029
- 15 CTLE hours. The Museum of the City of New York is a CTLE certified provider.
- 1 P Credit with registration through ASPDP
- P Credit Registration: ASPDP registration will open on September 16 on the ASPDP Catalog.
We are thrilled to share that thanks to the support of the Consulate General of the Netherlands in New York, we are now able to offer this popular course for free!
Co-led by the Museum of the City of New York and the National Museum of the American Indian-New York, this popular course examines trade and relations between the Lenape and the Dutch and life on Mannahatta and in the Hudson River region. Through guided workshops, lectures with guest speakers, and walking tours, explore source material in the two cultural institutions, learn about the relationships between the Lenape and the Dutch, and compare and contrast the natural landscape and ecology of Mannahatta in 1609 to the island of Manhattan today.