Uptown Bounce: I Love the '90s
Free! Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo del Barrio for our free summer block party series celebrating East Harlem at the top of Museum Mile.
At the Museum of the City of New York: I Love the '90s
1220 Fifth Ave @ 104th Street
From grunge to gangsta rap, bubblegum pop to black nail polish punk, this party promises to be all that and a bag of chips.
- Throwback to the ‘90s with DJ Misbehaviour of Mobile Mondays! and Boogie Blind of X-Ecutioners spinning the anthems you loved when you wore Docs and flannels.
- Revisit your favorite hip hop moves in an all-levels dance lesson with Uko Snowbunny.
- Revel in the looks that defined the decade with a pop-up installation of '90s-inspired fashions from 5001 FLAVORS, a Harlem-based apparel company.
- Stop by our '90s photo booth complete with props straight from the decade.
- Check out our exhibitions after hours with curator-led tours of New York at Its Core, which explore the evolving history of New York in the 1690s, 1790s, 1890s, and, of course, 1990s.
- Summer drinks and snacks will be available for purchase from Amy's Bread.
At El Museo del Barrio: Uptown x Brujas
1230 Fifth Ave @ 104th Street
Stop by El Museo del Barrio for the Brujas takeover! Brujas is an urban, free form, creative and autonomous organization that seeks to build radical coalition through youth culture by expressing community through skateboarding, art, and political organizing. More details coming soon!
About Uptown Bounce:
Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo Del Barrio for our annual Uptown Bounce series of free summer block parties. On four consecutive Wednesday evenings, dance to New York DJs, enjoy gallery talks, tours, art workshops, and savor summer drinks and local food. To view all of the events in the series, click here.
This event is free and open to the public but pre-registration is required.
Includes Museum admission.