Past Event: Uptown Bounce: Girls Who Run the World
Pre-registration for this program has closed but you can register at the Museum when you arrive, see you tonight!
Free! Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo del Barrio for our free summer block party series celebrating East Harlem at the top of Museum Mile.
At the Museum of the City of New York: Girls Who Run the World
1220 Fifth Ave @ 104th Street
Who run the world? Girls! Celebrate the opening of our exhibition, Rebel Women: Defying Victorianism, and the close of Beyond Suffrage: A Century of New York Women in Politics with this supercharged night of music and dance.
- DJ Misbehaviour of Mobile Mondays! collaborates with The Avenue DJs, two seventh and ninth grade DJs from the Lower East Side Girls Club, to spin anthems of female empowerment.
- Transform into your inner superhero by decorating your own cape.
- Advocacy group She Will Rise will offer information about female leadership in government.
- Check out our exhibitions after hours with curator-led tours of Beyond Suffrage and Rebel Women.
- Summer drinks and snacks will be available for purchase from Amy's Bread.
At El Museo del Barrio: Uptown x Papi Juice
1230 Fifth Ave @ 104th Street
The Uptown Bounce block party series continues! This week El Museo del Barrio will be featuring Papi Juice, a Brooklyn-based collective celebrating the lives of queer and trans people of color. More details coming soon!
About Uptown Bounce:
Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo Del Barrio for our annual Uptown Bounce series of free summer block parties. On four consecutive Wednesday evenings, dance to New York DJs, enjoy gallery talks, tours, art workshops, and savor summer drinks and local food. To view all of the events in the series, click here.
This event is free and open to the public but pre-registration is required.
Includes Museum admission.