Welcome the Museum of the City of New York Sitemap.
Visiting the Museum of the City of New York.
Exhibitions at the Museum of the City of New York
Evening Events, Public Programs, and Family Programs
- See our upcoming Museum of the City of New York Events and Programs.
- Family Programs
- Lectures & Symposiums
- Subscribe for e-News updates on upcoming programs.
Support, join, or donate to the Museum of the City of New York
For general support information, visit Support The Museum.
- Become a Member.
- Donate or make a gift to the Museum.
- Become an Alexander Hamilton Circle patron.
- Corporate Membership
- View Planned Giving options, including bequests, life income plans, charitable lead trusts.
- Learn about the Museum's Expansion & Renovation plans and capital campaign.
- Give Gifts of Stock or appreciated marketable securities.
- Contact the Development Department.
Collections of the Museum of the City of New York
Over 1.5 million New York City images and objects within the museum's collections are regularly viewable in our special and ongoing exhibitions. Collections include:
- Costumes and Textiles - over 25,000 Garments, including famous New York designers.
- Decorative Arts - including furniture, silver, porcelain, and other household items.
- Paintings & Sculpture of New York and New Yorkers or by New York artists.
- New York City Prints, Drawings, and Photographs
- Theater Collection - costumes, props, and memorabilia relating to the history of Broadway.
- New York Toys - treasured items documenting the social history of childhood in New York.
Online Collections and Exhibitions
- Painting the Town: Cityscapes of New York
- Berenice Abbott's Changing New York - View all 307 photographs from the Changing New York project.
- Byron Company Collection Online - Search 22,000 photographs of New York City (1890 - 1942)
Visit Research Policies for information on conducting research on the Museum's collections.
Visit Rights & Reproductions for information on reproductions, licensing, and public display.
The Frederick A. O. Schwarz Children's Center (Education Department)
- Information about School Programs and Professional Development
- New York City History Day
- Internship Opportunities
- School Group Policies for planning your trip, directions, and cancellations
Museum Space Rental, Private Parties, and Corporate Events
The Museum Shop - featuring iconic New York City souvenirs, gifts, and more
- The Museum Store Online
- Audio and Video - including New York Films, CDs, & DVDs
- New York City Books
Notable books about the history and character of the city and works by New York authors. The Museum Shop features New York fiction and history, biographies, exhibition-related publications, and more.
- Archival Exhibition Quality Prints and Photographs
(Select images by photographers such as Berenice Abbott and Samuel H. Gottscho. Each is digitally printed on archival photographic paper to bring out the vivid tones and detail that are the standard for exhibition-quality display.)
- New York City Prints, Photographs, & Images
(Selected reproductions from the Museum's enormous photography collection for personal home use)
- Photographs from Changing New York by Berenice Abbott
- New York Sports and Entertainment Pictures
- Photographs of famous NYC Landmarks and Monuments
- New York Skylines and Vistas
- Business and Wall Street Prints
- Photographs from The Mythic City by Samuel H. Gottscho
- Clothing and Accessories
- New York City Gifts
- Museum Publications
- New York Stationary and Posters
- Purchase Policy has information on shipping, returns, and secure shopping
You can Join The Mailing List for updates on events, openings, shop sales, and discounts. Your information is never sold or shared with other organizations.