SUPERSTORM SANDY PHOTOGRAPHY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES and TERMS & CONDITIONS
Amateur and professional photographers may submit images of the areas affected by Superstorm Sandy – before, during, and after the storm – for consideration for inclusion in an exhibition at the Museum of the City of New York.
• Up to 16 images will be accepted from each entrant.
• Images for consideration should be submitted at a resolution of 72 dpi jpg at 8x10”
• All files must be tagged with the proper information including title, date, along with the photographers name, address, and email address. If it is not possible to tag the information in the digital file, please include all in formation along with general contact information in the body of e-mail submissions. All images should be included as attachments and should not be embedded in the e-mail.
• Hi-resolution files for images selected for exhibition will be requested at a size capable of printing high-quality 16x20 prints.
• The Museum of the City of New York will print photographs selected for exhibition; photographers may elect to provide prints.
• All prints produced by the Museum of the City of New York become the property of the Museum and may be considered for addition to the permanent collection of the Museum of the City of New York. If any photograph becomes a part of the Museum’s permanent collection the photographers will be officially notified. All other work will be made available to the artist.
• Selected images will be included in an exhibition at the Museum of the City of New York opening in fall of 2013.
• By submitting images, photographers agree that their images may be used for publicity purposes for the exhibition. Photographers may provide Twitter handles and Facebook name for social media promotions.
• By submitting images, photographers agree to these terms and conditions noted above.
• Images should be submitted to: email@example.com (total e-mail file size can be no larger than 7MB)
• The second open call will commence July 1, 2013. Deadline for entries is midnight August 1, 2013. Photographers whose work has been selected for exhibition will be contacted by email by September 1, 2013.