Museum Shop Policies
Proceeds from the sale of merchandise on the Museum's website or in the Shop support the mission of the Museum of the City of New York.
Museum of the City of New York's Member Discount
Museum members receive a 10%, Museum DeWitt Clinton Society members receive a 15% discount and Alexander Hamilton Circle members receive a 20% discount on merchandise purchased from the Museum of the City of New York shop. When you join online or by phone, you are immediately eligible to save on your current purchase.
To receive your member discount online, go to My Account or Login and enter your member number. Your discount will automatically be deducted during the checkout process. You can also enter your member number while checking out on the "Review and Place Order" page.
Members will generally receive their member materials within 7 business days. For questions please call 212-534-1672 ext. 3328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipments to New York include an 8.375% sales tax, computed after adding merchandise total plus all shipping and handling charges. Apparel is tax-exempt.
The Museum of the City of New York currently ships by Fedex Ground/Home and Fedex 2nd day only. We do not ship to PO Boxes. We do not offer international shipping. Packages are shipped from the Museum Monday to Friday from 10am to 5pm. Items purchased over the weekend, on holidays, or after 4pm are generally prepared to ship on the next business day.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please inspect your order upon delivery. If your item has arrived damaged or there is a mistake with your order, please call the Museum Shop at 212-534-1672 ext. 3330.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase or gift, you may return your merchandise within 30 days for an exchange or refund in the form of your original payment. Shipping and Handling fees are non-refundable.
Send returns to:
Museum of the City of New York 1220 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10029
-Include a copy of the receipt. This will help us quickly process your return and give you the proper credit amount.
-Lost shipments are the responsibility of the sender. We recommend that you insure your shipment.
Merchandise must be received in its original condition. We regret we are unable to accept opened CDs or DVDs.
If you have received a promotion code, simply enter the given code during check-out in the "Promotion Code" box located on your "Review and Place Order" page -- then recalculate your total. Please note that only one code can be entered per order.
Public Program Tickets
Tickets purchased online or by phone can be picked up at the event. For questions about ticket orders please call 212-534-1672 ext. 3395.
Contributions to the Museum of the City of New York are fully tax deductible and help support our exhibitions, public programs, collections, and expansion campaign. For questions, please call 212-534-1672 ext. 3301.
The Museum of the City of New York makes every reasonable effort to ensure all of the transactions made on our website are secure. All credit card numbers submitted to the site are encrypted using a "Secure Socket Layer" (SSL) encryption. SSL technology is an industry standard for protecting sensitive information transmitted over the internet.
To prevent unauthorized access and maintain data accuracy, we have put in place appropriate electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect online.
If you wish to subscribe to our weekly e-news blast, please check the appropriate box during your purchase process.
Your mailing information will not be shared with third parties outside of the Museum of the City of New York for marketing purposes.
If you have been receiving Museum mailings and wish to have your name removed from our mailing lists, email us at email@example.com. You can also change your email preferences at any time by logging in and unchecking the subscription preference box.
New York City Images / Rights and Reproductions
Custom Reproductions of images in the Museum's collections are available to purchase online. Because each image is individually created, please allow up to three weeks for order processing. Shipping is included in the price.
Terms and Conditions:
The term "image" ("Image") as used herein refers to any low-resolution file downloaded directly from this website or to any custom reproduction photographic print received in fulfillment of an order via this website.
- Downloaded low resolution files are available free of charge only for personal one-time, one-copy use, such as reference, a school report, or similar purpose.
- Custom reproduction photographic prints are ready for shipment approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the date of the order, with a non-guaranteed date of delivery. Custom reproduction photographic prints cost $80.00 for 8" x 10"and $125.00 for 11" x 14" sizes.
- 8" x 10" reproduction prints will be shipped via the U.S. Postal Service. 11"x14" reproductions will be shipped via Federal Express, second business-day delivery. Charges for shipping and handling are included in the price. For international shipping please call 212-534-1672 x 3375 or x 3378.
- All Images are for personal use only. They may not be reproduced, publicly displayed, or re-distributed in any manner, in any medium.
- Reproduction, public display, or distribution of an Image from any copy format (digital or print) via any medium requires the permission of the Museum. The Museum has the right to determine and collect a permission fee, if any, for such uses. The Museum reserves the right to refuse any request to reproduce, publicly display, or distribute an Image and to impose limitations on such uses. High-resolution digital files are available for reproduction purposes where a permission fee applies. For more information on procedures and fees, please contact Rights & Reproductions:
Voice: 212-534-1672 x 3375 or x 3378