The City Museum’s annual Cabaret! gala, featuring the presentation of the 2015 Louis Auchincloss Prize to trumpeter and composer Wynton Marsalis
The event will take place on Wednesday, October 14, 2015, and will begin with cocktails at the Museum of the City of New York (1220 Fifth Avenue), followed by dinner and tribute jazz performances next door at the New York Academy of Medicine (1216 Fifth Avenue).
The 2015 Louis Auchincloss Prize recognizes and celebrates Wynton Marsalis’ indelible contributions to New York City’s jazz scene, his outstanding work with Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Jazz Academy, and his enthusiastic support of the next generation of jazz musicians. We are pleased to honor Marsalis for ensuring the continued vitality of such a uniquely American art form. Past Louis Auchincloss Prize honorees include Philip Glass, Stephen Sondheim, Lynne Meadow, Sheldon Harnick, Ada Louise Huxtable, Pete Hamill, and Elliott Erwitt.
1220 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street
8PM Dinner, Awards & Music at the New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue at 103rd Street
Please join us for an evening with one of the true innovators of the New York City jazz scene.
- Gypsy: $500 limited availability (two tickets per order)
- Chorus: $1,000 listing in the event program
- Ensemble: $1,500 prime seating and listing in the event program
- Headliner: $2,500 superior seating and listing in the event program
- Star: $5,500 premium seating and listing in the event program
Tables (seating ten)
- Director: $10,000 lipreferred seating and listing in the event program
- Producer: $15,000 prime seating and listing in the event program
- Legend: $25,000 superior seating and listing in the event program
- Angel: $50,000 premium seating and listing in the event program
- Impresario: $100,000 front row seating and listing in event program
For more information about the Cabaret! gala, please contact Claude Barilleaux, Director of Special Events, at 917.492.3326, or email@example.com.