Elementary School Photography Class
I Spy New York 2.0
An Intermediate Digital Photography Class for Students in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Grades
Dates & Time: Wednesdays, April 6–May 11, 2016 from 4:00–5:45 pm
Building on the skills learned in the introductory course, students will deepen their understanding of New York City history through close observation, field trips, and photographic exploration. Show your refined knowledge and skills in a student exhibition at the Museum with an opening reception on Wednesday, May 25 at 4:30pm.
For an enrollment fee of $600, this 6-session course includes:
- Use of professional digital cameras and memory cards
- Field trips
- Printing, matting and framing of photo by the student
- An exhibition of student photographs with opening reception
- All materials! Photoshop, studio lighting, negatives, inkjet paper, mats, and more
- Behind the scenes access to the Museum collection and curatorial staff
- Password-protected access for family and friends to view student photos
- Small class size with 2 teachers
Please note that students who have not taken the I Spy New York introductory course may register for I Spy NY 2.0. For any questions or concerns, please email Coursesforkids@mcny.org.